The firm of Brad Borncamp, CPA, LLC is owned and operated by Brad Borncamp. The
following is a general summary of Brad's background and the firm's history and services.
Brad graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, with Honors, in 1976 from
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY. Brad worked for CPA firms in NY and CO for
five years during which time he moved to Boulder, CO in 1978. Brad worked as a CPA with a few
clients of his own for nine years while employed at the local headquarters of Storage Technology
Corporation and Celestial Seasonings where he served in support and management positions.
Brad started his own practice full time in 1991. The firm was located in north Boulder for 13 years.
The Lafayette offices that the firm currently occupies were purchased in 2005. The firm employs
both professional and clerical staff and provides year round services to a variety of clients.
Brad has maintained an active license in good standing as a Colorado CPA since 1980. He
gained an accreditation as a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) in 1999 and in 2005 earned an
accreditation as a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
Brad continues to expand his knowledge with ongoing professional education and he and the staff
keep abreast of the changing accounting principals, tax laws, and planning strategies. He has
continued to live and work in the Boulder area since 1978 and is married with two children.
• Deliver quality, personalized services to each client on every engagement.
• Commitment to long term client relationships.
• Provide only those services the client needs and wants.
• Manage engagements for timely, accurate results.
• Adhere to the standards of the CPA profession and the taxing authorities.
Helping you keep more of what you make!
It’s not the mountains ahead that wear me out, it’s the grain of sand in my shoe.
Brad is a member in good standing with the following professional organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (since 1980)
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (since 1980)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (since 1999)
- Financial Planning Association (since 2005)
The firm offers professional services in a variety of areas. Our main areas are tax planning and
preparation, estate and financial planning, and accounting services for individuals and
businesses. We do not sell insurance, investments, or any other commissioned products. The
following lists most of our services:
- Choosing a business entity - Income tax return preparation
- Choosing accounting systems - Trust, estate, and gift tax preparation
- Bookkeeping and accounting services - Representation before tax authorities
- Financial statement preparation - Income tax planning and compliance
- Business income tax preparation - Financial planning
- Business tax planning and compliance - Retirement planning
- Business payroll, property, sales taxes - Estate and gift planning
- Representation before tax authorities - Asset protection strategies
- Cash planning and budgeting - Trustee services
- Business succession planning - Forensic accounting
- Business valuations - Litigation support services
What to Expect
We manage our workflow in order to provide clients with timely, dependable services. In this
regard we request that clients set appointments when meeting with the firm's staff. Our usual
routine is for each new client to meet with Brad to determine what needs to be done and to
estimate our fees, and to decide if we can accept the work. We use the term “engagement” to
describe each job we do for clients.
Once we agree on the terms, we gather the necessary information and proceed with the
engagement. We may contact clients while working on their engagements to request information
or discuss planning opportunities. We call when the work is done to arrange delivery or pick up.
If necessary, we may discuss compliance issues with the client and the magnitude of such
issues. Our goal is to help the client understand where they stand, so the client can decide what
action, if any, to take.
Our fees are based on the hourly rates for each staff involved with the services provided. Our
rates for 2013 vary from $35 for bookkeeping and up to $230 for consulting and tax preparation.
Fees for individual tax return preparation usually range from $450 to $950 but can be more
depending on the amount of activity to report, how well the client can summarize their activity,
and whether the client wants tax planning in addition to the tax prep itself. We are thorough and
emphasize service and quality. We do not compete with the low end tax prep shops, but our
fees are competitive with other CPA firms with similar experience.
The firm of Brad Borncamp, CPA, LLC provides fee based professional services. We work
directly with each client to identify and implement only the services that are necessary. We do
not sell financial products and do not get any commissions. Call us to discuss how we may help
you keep more of what you make.
Let's start today
Call ... 303-530-4650
Ask for a free initial meeting